Whether you’re lounging on one of the Sundecks, working out in the fitness center, or participating in any of the numerous resident programs, our luxury Chicago apartments have everything you need to live an active and fun lifestyle. At the heart of the “420-way” is a platform for resident programming, sustainable living and a commitment to positively impacting our residents and the planet.
Make use of our shared spaces and amenities, including:
- Renovated lobby with 24-hour concierge and seating area
- Updated business center with communal bar seating, lounge, and a printer
- Heated indoor lap pool with skylights and Nano wall that slides open to East and West Sundecks
- East Sundeck with seating, fire pits, canopy umbrellas, grilling stations and three private cabanas with large flat screen TVs
- West Sundeck with fireplace and seating
- Lounge overlooking indoor pool with an entertaining kitchen, TV, and custom artwork
- Modern fitness center and yoga studio
- Automated package storage & notification system
- One block from the 18-mile lakefront walking and biking path
- Fully-furnished guest suite
- 24/7 on-demand dry cleaning services
- Pet-friendly with an outdoor gated dog run
- Bike-friendly with an indoor bike parking room
- ZipCar available on-site
- Leasable storage lockers
- EV charging stations
At 420 East Ohio, we are committed to providing a sustainable and healthy community for you to call home. We have conducted energy audits and retrocommissioning efforts, improved building systems, and implemented new community programs to ensure that our building positively impacts our residents and the planet.
420 East Ohio supports your live-work routine, with less impact on the environment. Here’s how:
- Premium indoor air quality (93% better than the industry average)
- Clean Energy purchasing program through Arcadia Power
- Four electric vehicle charging stations in our parking garage
- Expanded recycling program which includes batteries, lightbulbs, small electronics, and textiles
- Free green cleaning supplies
- Energy Star-rated appliances and LED lamps in light fixtures
420 East Ohio has utilized green building rating systems and industry certifications to elevate its sustainability profile.
Energy Star Certification
In 2020, 420 East Ohio performed in the top 25% of buildings of similar buildings and became eligible for Energy Star certification with a score of 76/100. We are very proud for improving our score by 17% in two years!
In an age where so many of us are cooped up on calls and spending a lot of time at our desks, it’s an important pillar of the “420-way” to host events and launch programs that residents can look forward to and enjoy. Whether it’s a virtual meditation, volunteer event, or summer kick-off party, 420 East Ohio strives to support an active and connected lifestyle.
Regular community programs include:
- Free online fitness classes and meditation resources with Lulafit
- Annual book drive collection in partnership with Turning the Page, a Chicago nonprofit
- Sponsored Rooftop Apiary Program in partnership with The Roof Crop
- Ongoing resident programming
- Treat yourself, or a loved one, with fresh local blooms through our Lobby Pick-Up Program hosted by The Roof Crop.
Have you heard the buzz?
420 East Ohio sponsors a colony of honeybees! We have partnered with The Roof Crop, a local urban farm, to provide honey to our building and Community. Under the professional stewardship of The Hive Supply, our sponsorship of five beehives are part of over 2,000 hives of honeybees that collectively pollinate the plants, trees, and flowers in Chicago’s parks, gardens, and urban farms. The honey produced is given to residents and sold locally. In addition, educational resident events are hosted throughout the year.